shuttle services Johannesburg
OR Tambo Shuttle Service
Johannesburg International Shuttle Services
Executive Shuttle from OR Tambo International
Shuttle from OR Tambo
Executive Airport Shuttle
Airport Chauffeur service.
OR Tambo Chauffeur services.
O.R. Tambo International Airport is Africa’s biggest and busiest airport, facilitating approximately 19 million passengers a year. More than 50 percent of South Africa’s air travelling passengers are facilitated through the airport.
Boasting a very rich history, O.R. Tambo International Airport, the biggest and busiest airport in Africa is situated in Ekurhuleni in South Africa’s economic capital, Johannesburg. From its humble beginnings in 1952, the airport has undergone two name changes from Jan Smuts Airport to Johannesburg International in 1994. It was renamed O.R. Tambo International Airport on 27 October 2006 after the late freedom stalwart, Oliver Reginald Tambo.
This transport hub boasts key elements required for a world-class airport business – location, accessibility and connectivity. It is ideally situated in the heart of South Africa’s commercial and industrial hub, with excellent road infrastructure, linking it to the national road network.
O.R. Tambo International Airport services airlines from five continents and plays a vital role in serving the local, regional air transport needs of South African and international travellers.
The airport offers various retail outlets for travellers’ convenience. It also boasts top-of-the-range hotels as well as a fully-equipped gym within close proximity.
- People travelling domestically are advised to arrive at the airport at least one and a half hours prior to their departure time.
- People travelling internationally are advised to arrive at the airport at least three hours prior to their departure time.
- Plan your trip systematically, including packing in advance – do not leave arrangements to the last minute.
- Add at least 30 minutes to your normal airport travel time.
- Be sure to pack your own luggage, secure it properly (loose straps may catch in the conveyor belts), lock it, and if possible shrink wrap it and attach identification tags.
- Do not place valuable items (e.g. cellphones, laptops, jewellery, etc.) into checked-in baggage.
- Do not leave your luggage unattended – whether it is check-in or cabin luggage.
|Annual passenger volumes||19 004 001|
|Annual passenger capacity||28 000 000|
|Annual cargo capacity||650 000 tons|
|Air traffic movements||212 580|
|Hourly air traffic movement capacity||62|
|Parking bays||16 300|
|Airport employees||> 1 000|
|Stakeholder airport-based employees||> 27 000|
|Domestic terminal||90 000 sqm|
|Central terminal building||110 000 sqm|
|On Time Performance||90,58%|